The RT-PCR swab test - Prices from £85 per swab; for Travel (Fit to Fly/Travel, Day 2 & Day 8 & Test to Release for International Arrivals); Possible symptoms of covid; procedures
Why Choose Us?
With so many providers to choose from, we want to show you why you should choose us:
* We are a private GP service, run by GP's, who provide a high quality service for our patients.
* We pride our self on offering a personalised service and you will always speak to our team prior to paying for your test
* We realise in times of uncertainty, plans sometimes change. Therefore we even offer refunds* for unused tests
* We do NOT offer a postal service as we feel this is unreliable. All of our swabs are returned direcly to our laboratories by hand or by our couriers. Therefore, your sample is less likely to get lost.
* We are listed on the UK Government website as an official provider of Covid-19 Testing.
* If you test positive, our doctors or on hand to offer you advice about the next steps.
We offer testing for:
Please see this link for accredited providers:
* General Testing & Test to Release:
* Day 2 & Day 8 Testing for International Arrivals:
The test we offer is a RT-PCR swab test which is the Gold Standard test for detecting Covid-19 infection. It is not a 30-minute antigen test.
If you are not sure if you want the swab, please continue reading WITHOUT completing the form. You will find all the options, prices and information about Covid Testing below.
Please only complete and submit the form once you decide you would like us to contact you to book the swab. Payment will need to be taken prior to arranging the swab.
If multiple persons need the swab, you need to complete a separate form for EACH person with THEIR details
* see below about our refund policy
Detailed information is on the online form below and requesting a booking can be done through this link:
YOU MUST FILL IN THE FORM WITH THE DETAILS OF THE PERSON NEEDING THE SWAB. IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE PERSON, EACH PERSON NEEDS TO COMPLETE A SEPARATE FORM.
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE QUESTIONNAIRE, PLEASE EMAIL US ON firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the names of those needing the swab
The basic prices for the swabs are as follows depending on the number of swabs you are booking per individual:
You can opt for the following upgrades:
* Method of collection: (see below for more detailed information):
* Turnaround times for results: (see below for more detailed information):
Please note that the lab is shut on Sunday's and some Bank Holidays.
METHOD OF COLLECTION:
• Self-Collection and Self Drop off:
You would collect your swab from the pharmacy team in our clinic (Hamletts Pharmacy, 696-702 Chigwell Road, IG8 8AL), take the sample AND drop it to the laboratory yourself (the lab is around 2 miles from the clinic - IG8 8HD)
Please note for Test to Release, Day 2 and Day 8 swabs, these can only be collected on the correct day and NOT in advance of your test.
YOU CANNOT CHOOSE THIS METHOD IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID OR HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WITH COVID
There is no additional cost for this method of collection.
We will arrange for a courier to bring your swab & will wait whilst you take your sample. The courier will then arrange for the sample to be returned to our laboratory.
The additional cost for the courier depends on the distance from our clinic but starts at £25 - see below. The fee is regardless of the number of swabs in your household & the courier will come to your address, wait whilst you take the swab/s and then return them back to the lab.
The minimum fee is £25 regardless of the number of swabs in your household; although this must be paid for in one transaction and all members of the family must present at the same time. When you submit the form, we will get back to you with an accurate quotation based on your postcode.
note: if you live in a London postcode (N, NW, E, SE etc) or in IG8, the cost is £25 – however if you have a different postcode, please contact us for a quote.
• Sample taken by Nurse at Home:
You can book an appointment for a nurse to attend your home or office and take the swab for you. They will arrange for a courier to return the swab to the laboratory.
The additional cost is £45 regardless of the number of swabs you are having in the family; although this must be paid for in one transaction and all members of the family must be available at the same time.
note: if you live in a London postcode (N, NW, E, SE etc) or in IG8, the cost is £45 – however if you have a different postcode, please contact us for a quote.
• Sample taken by Doctor in our Clinic:
You can book an appointment at our clinic with one of our doctors who can take the swab for you and arrange the courier to return the swab to the laboratory.
The additional cost is £65 regardless of the number of swabs you are having in the family; although this must be paid for in one transaction and all members of the family must come at the same time.
You will receive an official laboratory report AND a certificate via email. The lab report will state the time & date of collection of the swab and also the report date. If you would like to include your passport number, then this is possible by adding your details onto the request form. Please see below for an example Lab Report & Certificate.
You will receive the results directly by email. This depends on the turnaround time that you have chosen above:
* Standard Turnaround - This is the ONLY option for Day 2 and Day 8 Testing
Results emailed by 1800, 2-days later (Samples must be dropped at the lab before 4pm to guarantee this service otherwise results may be delayed; this service is NOT available on Sunday)
There is no additional cost to choose this option.
* Next Day Turnaround
Results emailed by 1200 the following day (Samples must be dropped at the lab before 4pm to guarantee this service otherwise results may be delayed; this service is NOT available on Sunday)
There is an additional cost of +£20 per swab for this option
* Express Turnaround
Results emailed by 0600 the following morning (Samples must be dropped at the lab before 4pm to guarantee this service otherwise results may be delayed; this service is NOT available on Sunday)
There is an additional cost of +£60 per swab for this option
- Once payment has been made to arrange the swab, there will be an admin charge of £15 per swab per person to make changes to the date. To cancel a swab, there is a £15 per swab per person cancellation charge with a minimum charge of £25 per person.
- If you opt for self-collection or courier collection AND you damage the kit/spill the liquid (if applicable)/drop the swab etc - and require a replacement kit, we charge £25 per replacement kit. This cost does not apply if you choose a Nurse or Doctor to take your sample.
- if you are symptomatic we are unable to allow you to self-collect the swab for safety reasons. However, you can opt for a courier collection.
- if you have been in close contact with someone with confirmed Covid-19 infection, you need to self-isolate for 10 days regardless of a negative swab.
IF YOU STILL WOULD LIKE TO PROCEED AND ARRANGE A SWAB AND ARE READY TO PAY, PLEASE COMPLETE THE INFORMATION BELOW AND SUBMIT THE FORM
To Book a Test:
we will contact you soon to book your test